How to make Paneer pulao: Paneer pulao Recipe
In India, you can come across a various type of rice varieties from different states and regions. As it's one of our staples, we love improvising it our way. Pulao is a dish which can be prepared in both vegetarian and non-vegetarian variations. To be true, it is quite easy to cook and will not take much of your kitchen and cooking time. Paneer pulao is also a delightful and lip-smacking dish that you need to try tonight. To be precise, you add your choice of vegetables, maybe one or two, and chunks of Indian cottage cheese as well. It's a treat to vegetarians or paneer lovers out there. So, note down the ingredients from the list below.
Author: Anusha Tawakley
Recipe type: Main
Cuisine: North Indian
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 3 cups Rice Washed and soaked
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 large tomato chopped
- Two green chilies chopped
- 1 cup green peas soaked
- 200 gms Paneer cut into small chunks
- 2 tablespoon Curd or yogurt
- One tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 2 Bay leaves
- 3-4 cloves
- 3- 4 cardamom pods
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tsp Red chili powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- One tsp Garam masala Powder
- Coriander leaves chopped
- Before starting the cooking, wash three cups of rice and soak it for 10-15mins in a bowl.
- Take a pressure cooker and switch on the heat on higher flame for 1 minute. Add cooking oil to it and add all whole spices.
- Throw in sliced onions and fry it well. Put one tablespoon of ginger garlic paste and green chilies into it.
- Mix it well and do not overcook or burn the onions, you just need to fry to golden brown.
- Now add green peas and cook for about five mins and add all powdered masalas as well. Keep on adding little amount of water in between so that the masala won't get burnt. Now throw in tomatoes and stir well and cook for next five mins until oil comes on the surface of the masala. It is the right time to put in the yogurt.
- Keep on stirring the masala, for next 5-10 mins on medium flame. (It is optional to add Kasuri methi at this moment, only if it's available).
- Once the masala is ready, take the soaked rice and add it to the masala and pour in at least 5 cups of water. Mix everything properly.
- Put on the lid and cook it for 5-10mins and turn off the heat. Take off the lid after 10mins and serve as it is. Garnish some coriander leaves now and Dish out.