Macaroni is a type of dry pasta also known as elbow macaroni which is prepared in different varieties like veg macaroni, chicken macaroni, cheese macaroni, macaroni salad and much more. Everyone loves it, especially kids in their lunch boxes or the breakfast. It is simple to make and take less of your kitchen time as well. So, here is the list of ingredients that we need to make macaroni.
How to make Macaroni: Macaroni Recipe
Author: Anusha Tawakley
Recipe type: Snacks
- 3 cups Macaroni
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Ginger grated
- 1 Chopped Onion
- Two chopped chunks of tomatoes
- ½ cup Chopped Carrots
- ½ Cup Capsicum
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- Salt as required
- 1 tbsp Red chili powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise (optional)
- Chopped Coriander leaves
- Green chilies (optional)
- Boil Dried Macaroni: Take one large pot and add 7-8 cups of water and let it come to boil. Now, add dry pasta to it with some salt and 1 tbsp of oil. It will prevent the macaroni from sticking to the pot and also helps quickly boil them. After ten mins, you will see macaroni is done, drain the excess water and keep it aside.
- Prepare the sauce: Take a pan and turn on the heat. Add 2tbsp of oil and allow it to heat enough to proceed further. Now add grated ginger and stir for 1 min, then add chopped onions to it and stir again for 2-3 mins.
- We do not need to burn the onions or give them any goldenish color, once they are translucent, you can throw in all the veggies and give it a good mix for a couple of minutes. Do not overcook the vegetables ever in pasta, let them be raw a bit if need be because you do not need your dish to look soggy.
- Add all the powder masalas into it, Salt, red chili powder, garam masala and turmeric powder.
- Now it is optional to add mayonnaise, cheese or butter, whatever is best available to you. It gives a twist to Indian style cooking. And mix it well. Add ketchup and give the sauce about five mins to cook well. You can sprinkle some water if the sauce is getting dry.
- Add boiled macaroni to the sauce now and high the flame. Mix everything very well. Garnish with coriander leaves and let it cook for 3-4 mins more.
- Turn off the flame and allow it to settle down. Take out in a dish and serve as it is.
For smooth and creamy sauce results, always add ketchup even if you have added tomatoes as well. It gives that buttery texture to the sauce and makes the macaroni moist and flavorful.
Serving size: 3 Calories: 663
Vada pav is also known as batata vada is a famous street snack native to Maharashtra, loved by the whole nation. It is a simple cooked mashed potato made into rolls covered in gram flour batter and deep fried. These rolls which are known as vada are served in pav or buns with some garlic chutney or fried green chilis on the side. It is the top on-the-go snack for Mumbai citizens. So, now let’s dig a little deeper, and quickly run through the ingredients needed for this recipe and further steps.
Vada Pav Recipe: How to make Vada Pav
Author: Anusha Tawakley
Recipe type: Snack
- 4-5 Mashed potatoes
- Vegetable Oil for cooking and frying
- 1 tbsp Crushed Ginger
- 1-3 Chopped Green Chilies
- ½ Tsp Mustard seeds
- Pinch of asafoetida
- ½ Tsp Turmeric powder
- 7-8 Curry Leaves
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves
- Salt as required
- 2 cups Gram flour
- Water as needed
- ½ Tsp Red chili powder
- ½ cup Roasted peanuts
- Take a pan and heat one tbsp of oil in it. Add some mustard seeds and curry leaves until they splutter. Now, add green chilies, ginger, asafoetida, red chili powder and mix all the ingredients well.
- Now, add the mashed potatoes in the pan and give it a good blend. After about 10-15 mins of continuous cooking of potato stuffing, turn off the heat and let it cool down so that it could get easy for you to make it into small balls later.
- Take a big bowl and add two cups of gram flour into it. Now add the following spices, salt as required, ½ Tsp red chili powder, ½ Tsp turmeric powder and gently mix.
- Start to pour water and keep on stirring the batter until you reach the proper consistency. Once you reach the running consistency of the batter, keep it aside.
- First of all, make medium sized balls of the cooked mashed potatoes and keep it on a plate.
- Take a Kadai and add ample amount of oil to fry these potato balls. Just when the oil is hot, stir the batter again and check if you need some water or not.
- Take a ball and coat it well in the mixture, carefully. Now, drop it into the oil and fry it until light brown evenly.
- Repeat the process for all the other potato vada as well. Keep the fried vada on the tissue paper and let it rest for a minute.
- Take a pav and cut it into a half, put green chutney and garlic chutney onto it and a vada in it. Press it gently and serve as it is. It’s a tasty, tummy filling, fantastic street food snack that you can prepare for breakfast or evening bites.