Chilli Paneer recipe is a famous Indo-Chinese recipe in India. Paneer is Indian cottage cheese, which is sauteed in sauces, onion and bell peppers. Today this recipe is going to be a restaurant style, step by step chilli paneer recipe with photo as well. The paneer cubes are dipped into cornflour paste or dip and later deep fried.
Fried paneer gives a uniquely delicious flavor to the dish. In the chilli paneer recipe we will not use eggs at all, only cornflour batter of the right consistency. It is essential to use good sauces as well, for the chilli paneer recipe we will use, soya sauce, vinegar, red chilli sauce or green chilli sauce, ajinamoto, tomato ketchup.
I like chilli paneer dry the most; this works great as a starter for me. Or it can even be used as a side dish to the main course Chinese meal on the table. Either way, it is always delightful to prepare this chilli paneer recipe for my family. You can always add less spicy sauces in case you are making chilli paneer for the kids.
You can also try some other related recipes like Chilli Chicken recipe, Paneer fried rice recipe, Gobi Manchurian recipe at home once you master this chilli paneer recipe as well. So now let’s quickly run through the ingredients and then how to make chili paneer recipe step by step.
- 500 gms Paneer
- For frying & cooking Edible Oil
- 2 cubed Onions
- Red Green and yellow cubed Bell peppers
- as required Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 2 tbsp Soya sauce
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Red chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp ajinamoto
- 1 cup cornflour
- 1/2 cup Maida or All purpose flour
- Handful Spring Onion
- Handful Chopped Coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- a pinch sugar
FRYING PANEER CUBES
- First of all, cut the paneer into medium size cubes and keep them aside.
- Take cornflour and maida (all purpose flour) and put in some salt, black pepper powder and mix well. Now, start pouring in water, and keep stirring.
- Make sure no lumps are there and keep on stirring till it is in a smooth consistency. Keep the batter aside as well.
- Now take a kadai and add enough oil to fry the paneer cubes. Allow the oil to get hot. At this point, start dipping the cubes into the batter, coat it well, and safely put it in the hot oil and fry it till light brown.
- Safely take the fried cubes out on an absorbent paper and keep them aside.
MAKING THE CHILLI PANEER SAUCE.
- Take a wok, or a deep pan, and switch on the flame to high.
- Now, add in 2 tbsp oil, and allow it to get hot as well.
- Add chopped ginger garlic followed by cubed onion and bell peppers as well.
- Toss it well and wait for a minute.
- Now, add in 2 tbsp of soya sauce, 1 tbsp vinegar, 2 tbsp ketchup, 2 tbsp red chili sauce. Mix it well and later add in salt, black pepper powder, ajinamoto and a pinch of sugar.
- Toss the veggies with the sauce very well and pour in the leftover cornflour paste.
- Garnish some chopped coriander and spring onion on top and serve it hot.
Chilli Paneer Recipe – A Delicious Indian-Chinese Stir-Fry
Chilli paneer is a popular Indian-Chinese stir-fry
Chilli paneer is a delicious Indo-Chinese dish that combines sweet and spicy sauce with cubes of paneer. A vegetarian version of this stir-fry is a popular meal in India and the Indochinese cuisine. Chilli paneer can be served as an appetizer or as a main course. Its easy preparation makes it a popular Indian-Chinese dish.
This dish is made with paneer cubes that have been lightly marinated in a dark soy sauce. The ingredients add a deep and aromatic flavor, making it suitable for both main courses and appetizers. For a non-vegetarian version, substitute the corn starch with arrowroot powder. The paneer cubes can also be fried with the same oil.
To make chilli paneer, start by heating a non-stick pan over a medium-high heat. Add the ginger and garlic and then add the onions and peppers. Cook until the onions are translucent. Stir in the paneer with the Chili Sauce, if using. Continue cooking for another 2 minutes, until the paneer is tender and golden.
It is made with paneer or Indian cottage cheese
In this dish, you will use Indian cottage cheese or paneer. You can also fry paneer to give it a crispier texture. To make Chilli Paneer, you need to fry the paneer in oil until it is golden brown and crispy on both sides. Moreover, you can use other ingredients to make Chilli Paneer: add soy sauce, tomato ketchup, and green chili sauce. Add more sugar and cornstarch to get the right consistency.
If you don’t have paneer, you can also use tofu instead of paneer. If you don’t have paneer, you can use tofu instead. To make it vegan, you can substitute paneer with tofu. Make sure to stir well so that the batter covers the paneer evenly. You can serve this dish with noodles or fried rice.
It can be served as an appetizer or meal
You can make this appetizer by sauteing the sliced spring onions and chilies. You may also add mushrooms to the recipe. This recipe can be served as an appetizer or as a meal. Chilli Paneer can be prepared gluten-free by substituting cornflour with rice flour and using tofu cubes instead of paneer. The sauce can be made a day in advance and reheated over a low flame.
A dry chilli paneer recipe is healthy as it does not contain any cornflour or maida. In addition, shallow frying is preferred as it is more nutritious than deep frying. Once you have prepared the ingredients, you can begin preparing the Chilli Paneer Recipe. Make sure to pre-prepare the paneer and onions so that you can cook it in less time.
It can be made gluten-free
To make this delicious dish gluten-free, you can substitute the flour for wholemeal flour. You can also substitute the red chilli sauce with apple cider vinegar. You can also use vegan or vegetarian paneer, which is a great substitute for paneer. Make sure to check the seasonings and adjust to your taste. Chilli Paneer Recipe is a great recipe to make when you’re watching your carbohydrate intake.
Traditionally served as a starter, this dish is a great vegan meal that is high in calcium and tastes like tofu. Chilli paneer is a great way to make a gluten-free version of this beloved Indian dish. Using vegan, gluten-free, or organic ingredients is the way to go! It is a perfect accompaniment to Manchow soup and Rainbow Lo Mein.