The Gobi Manchurian is a perfect Chinese starter for any party or get-together with friends and family. It is widely preferred as a dry dish to be served as a snack or starters. Gobi Manchurian recipe is prepared in two stages, first is to fry the cauliflower florets and second is to cook the sauce in which we saute the florets later. The sauce is prepared using chopped garlic, ginger, onion and other varieties of Chinese sauces like soya sauce, vinegar, chili sauce.
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 5 tbsp Maida or All purpose flour
- 1 large cauliflower
- 2 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- for cooking and frying Edible Oil
- as required Salt
- 2 tsp Grated ginger
- 2 tsp Chopped garlic
- 3 chopped Green chilies
- 1 medium chopped capsicum
- 2 tbsp Soya sauce
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- 3 tbsp tomato ketchup
- Handful Spring Onion
First part - Preparing the Florets -
- Take a fresh cauliflower and cut into small pieces and put them into the warm salted water for a while. Now drain the excess water and pat the florets dry onto an absorbent paper and keep them aside.
- Now take ½ cup Corn flour and 5 tbsp of Maida in a big bowl and start making a smooth batter by adding some salt and 1 cup of water regularly. The mixture needs to be soft and in running consistency, not very thick and not very thin either.
- Now, add the florets to the batter and let it drowned for a while, about 15- 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat some right amount of oil in a utensil and start sliding the batter dipped florets into the oil carefully and let them get a good light brown color and later put them aside on to a tissue paper so that excess fat could be absorbed well.
- Do not keep the fried florets a long time, freshly fried florets will give the crunch in every bite. Otherwise, they will become a bit soggy. And also do not overcook them.
Preparing the sauce :
- Take a hawk or a kadhai. Heat the utensil and add 2-3 tbsp of oil in it and allow it heat up nicely. Now, add some chopped garlic and ginger and saute for a while. Do not burn the garlic or it will ruin the taste of the sauce.
- Add some chopped onion and saute again for 1 minute on high flame. You can add some chopped capsicum as well if you want.
- Do not overcook, keep the flame high and be quick while cooking.
- Now, start drizzling the sauces( soy, vinegar, red chili sauce) and green chilies. Add tomato ketchup as well. And allow it cook for about a minute, if you need to add a little water, you can add a thin mixture of water and maida. It is an excellent mixture which helps the Manchurian sauce to gets thicken and coat well with the florets as well. You can also use the schezwan sauce in this Gobi Manchurian recipe, in case you want it spicier.
- Now, add the fried florets to the sauces and saute for 2 minutes on high flame.
- Garnish some spring onion greens and serve it with chili sauce or tomato ketchup.
How to Make a Delicious Gobi Manchurian Recipe
Dry gobi manchurian
If you love spicy foods, try the spicy version of Dry Gobi Manchurian. You can even use Kashmiri red chili powder to make red gobi. For a healthier version, use Kashmiri red chili powder. When cooking this dish, it’s important to avoid soaking the florets in the sauce too long. Then, add a few teaspoons of soy sauce, cornflour, and chili flakes. The sauce can be adjusted to taste.
Whether you want spicy or mild, Gobi Manchurian will delight your palate. To make this dish mild, simply reduce the hot chilies. Besides, you can use less chili sauce and steam the cauliflower for three minutes. Then, bake it in the oven. This dish is delicious and nutritious. You can serve it with rice or noodles or as an appetizer. To prepare this delicious Chinese-style dish, gather the ingredients.
There are two kinds of gobi manchurian: wet and dry. Wet version is served with thick gravy and has more sauce. Green onions are added to the sauce for flavor. You can also add chilies to the sauce. To serve this dish, you can use chili sauce or soy sauce. To add a little spice, you can also use garlic and ginger to flavor it. You can also add chilies or Chinese chili sauce for your own flavor.
Baked gobi manchurian
This recipe uses cauliflower florets as the main vegetable, but you can also use broccoli or a similar vegetable. The recipe also calls for green chili, which should be trimmed of its seeds before using. Tomato paste, which can be made with any kind of onion, can be substituted for the tomato sauce. The dish can also be flavored with sesame oil and vegetable stock or mushroom stock. Lastly, you can top it off with a few drops of red chilli sauce, if desired.
To prepare the sauce, heat the oil in a flat-bottomed wok or medium frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, chili peppers, scallions, and shallots and stir fry until the vegetables are golden. Stir the vegetables for about 3 to 4 minutes, then add the manchurian sauce and cook until the vegetables are golden. Stir in the cornstarch slurry and cook until the mixture is glossy.
If using an Air Fryer, preheat it for three minutes. Once it reaches a medium temperature, add the florets to the oil. Continue to stir the cauliflower florets, frying for two to three minutes, or until they turn golden and crisp. When golden, remove them from the oil. Once they are done, serve with rice. And remember, cauliflower florets are easy to prepare.
Air-fryer gobi manchurian
If you’re looking for a quick and easy gobi manchurian recipe, you’ve come to the right place. This recipe is similar to the double-fried style that you find in many restaurants. Simply add your vegetables to a bowl and mix them thoroughly. When the mixture reaches a golden color, it’s ready to serve. If you’re serving this recipe with rice, it can be a great appetizer or a side dish with fried rice or noodles.
Gobi Manchurian has a thick soup like a spicy curry, with cauliflower fritters dipped in the sauce. This recipe is gluten-free and can be made with a gluten-free flour. For the sauce, thin the batter slightly with water. There are two main variations of this dish. The dry version is served as an appetizer with rice, while the gravy version can be served with noodles or rice.
Adding celery, spring onions, and capsicum to your gobi manchurian can add a lot of flavor to the dish. These vegetables can also be paired with fried rice and other Chinese dishes. It is best served hot so the cauliflower remains crispy and tasty. You can also serve it as an appetizer with other dishes such as Indo-Chinese noodles or Vegetable Fried Rice.